BATTLE/WOODWARD/ENGEL

Here is where you can let us know about your families in the Port Stephens & Northern Rivers region of NSW . Many families moved on from the Hunter to this area.

BATTLE/WOODWARD/ENGEL

Postby janice49436710 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:41 am

I am interested in the Battle family from Bulahdelah formerly of Kempsey.
I am also interested in the family of Joseph Woodward also of the Bulahdelah area. Joseph was a convict who arrived in Australia in 1833.
The Engel Family, settled in Tea Gardens. These are the families of my husbands ancestors.

Jan.
janice49436710

Re: BATTLE/WOODWARD/ENGEL

Postby cherylag » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:40 am

Janice there is a book published that gives a history of the area of Tea Gardens, Port Stephens and I am sure it has some information about the Engels in it. I will track down my copy and get back to you over the weekend with the name of the book and what Engels are in it. My mother was born in Bulahdelah and went to school with kids from the Engel family I think. She also knows a Battle family member who moved back up to the Bulahdelah area a few years ago. My mother's family were Smiths and Newells of whom there were quite a lot in Bulahdelah and Hawks Nest.
Will keep you posted.
Cheryl Gilbert
cherylag

Postby cherylag » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Jan,
Have found my book "Tea Gardens - Hawks Nest and Northern Port Stephens by Brian Engel, Janis Winn and John Wark. There are several pages (228-246) covering members of the Engel family. I would be happy to email copies to you or post to you. Let me know. I am not sure if they are the Engel's you are interested in but they do hail from Bulahdelah, Myall Lakes, Tea Gardens area.
Regards Cheryl Gilbert.
cherylag

BATTLE/WOODWARD/ENGEL

Postby jbbolton » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Are you looking for information about the convict, Joseph Woodward who arrived in 1833 on the Mary 111 (4)? This Joseph Woodward married Mary Kildey/Kilday 23 May 1846 at East Maitland.
Joseph was the father of my great grandmother, Ann Woodward who married Allan Cheers. If this is the person you are researching, I am able to assist with information.
Jennifer
jbbolton

Postby anne cobcroft » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Hello,
I'm looking for information on Charles Woodward who married Lucy Wapoles in 1855. Do you think Charles could be related to Joseph Woodward? I can't find a birth record for Charles Woodward.
Thanks & regards,
Anne Cobcroft.
anne cobcroft

Postby BaryySyl » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi Ann,

I only just saw your request below, go back to your other post [Walpoles],as per the link below...

I'm looking for information on Charles Woodward who married Lucy Wapoles in 1855. Do you think Charles could be related to Joseph Woodward? I can't find a birth record for Charles Woodward.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1674#p8821

barry.
BaryySyl

Return to Port Stephens & the Northern Rivers